Continental Cars Limited was founded in 1952 and was formed for the purpose of importing the Volkswagen Beetles. The Mizzi Family at that time had the Morris (or currently known as Rover). Mr. Nordhoff, who led the Volkswagen Company as it became the Third Largest Automobile Group in the World and the biggest company in Germany, required a representative in Malta who was in the car business industry and chose the Mizzi family to be the representative of the Volkswagen brand.
Following the successful partnership with VW the company was then appointed sole distributor for Audi and Porsche in 1977 and the include SEAT to their portfolio in 2009.
In 1999 the premises was demolished and a new state of the art facility was built in line with Franchise specific requirements.
In this new complex, one may find 4 different showrooms, each one dedicated to the respective brands, an internal a customer parking area and direct access to both the Parts and Service receptions.